Once again, I'm taking a long walk off a short pier. Here you will find my thoughts on nothing in particular or of anything of importance at all (unless I come up with a really deep thought). If that's what you're looking for, you're on the right track - unless you're DERAILED.

Friday, April 23, 2010

Number Two

Uh-oh! I'm falling into a rut - my second post is titled "Number Two." There is definitely a pattern developing.

We've been speculating at work what a combined UA-CO airline would look like. Most importantly, what will it be named? We hashed several ideas around and several people liked the moniker "Conted," but that may be too close to a derogatory comment. The consensus ended up being "Unicon." This, of course, has a double-meaning: it's a nice amalgamation of the two names and it also reassures passengers on both airlines that they'll be screwed equally.

Glad to see the weather prognosticators right on the money again. Today's rain wasn't supposed to start until sometime after 11:00pm tonight; I drove through a downpour on my way home from work! I actually don't begrudge the weather folks for a three-hour miss on their timing as predicting the weather in the Pacific Northwest has always been a hit-or-miss proposition. Hopefully it will become easier when they get the new doppler radar up and running on the coast. This will allow a better view of what's coming across the ocean.

Speaking of weather, I'm hoping Saturday's is not too wet or beset with low overcast. I'm taking the camera kid up to take a look at a B-17 at Boeing Field. It starts flying at 10:00, taking folks with a spare $400+ on 30-minute rides around the Puget Sound. Should be a lot of fun and I can't wait to hear those big pistons turning.

No comments:

Post a Comment