Once again, I'm taking a long walk off a short pier. Here you will find my thoughts on nothing in particular or of anything of importance at all (unless I come up with a really deep thought). If that's what you're looking for, you're on the right track - unless you're DERAILED.

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Number Five

Will somebody please remind me why the conversion to digital was such a damn good deal for TV viewers? Since the cable company and the networks switched, I have had more problems with getting a signal than I ever had with analog. Tonight (this morning) was a case in point: Dave Letterman had the return of Joaquin Phoenix to his show and the signal kept dropping off. I got to see most of the interview, but there were some key points I probably missed. What's worse, when Craig Ferguson came on, the intro to his show had him playing a part on "The Big Bang Theory," whose cast was on the show. Unfortunately, the signal cut out right in the middle of it and I'm sure I missed some great laughs (Craig is a big fan of the show). I was taping (yes, we still have a VCR - don't get me started on that racket) the show for Brian so he's going to miss it as well.

This, of course, was all due to the government cramming another "better" idea down our throats, but I digress (maybe I'll talk about other idiot government ideas - like outlawing incandescent light bulbs). The show has now cut out for the third time (and yes, it's across all channels). If Comcast wants to retain customers, it's going to have to do a better job than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment